Systems Administrator I
Medical Association (AMA), a nonprofit, is the nation's largest
professional Association of physicians. We are a unifying voice and powerful
ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a
healthier nation. To be part of the AMA
is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the
betterment of public health.
As an employer, we are dedicated to many efforts, including
employee learning and development, social responsibility, diversity and
inclusion and wellness.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the
prosperity of our organization. Our
foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration,
Agility, Equity, and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape
the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity at our headquarters in Chicago, IL for a Systems Administrator I on our Education Center Product Support team. In this role, you will analyze and manage
setup, configuration, and customization of Learning Management sites and
environments to host our partners’ content on the AMA Ed Hub. Collaborate with
developers and other team members in the testing cycle of the systems
solutions. Configure new content areas and features. Maintain documentation on
the use features and functions for platforms within the Digital Product team.
Implement, configure, and maintain digital content platforms for partners
- Consult with Product Manager and business stakeholders on platform requests; evaluate business needs and technical feasibility to host partners’ content
- With Digital Marketing and Platform Partnership teams, configure new sites and features within the Ed Hub platform including Assigned Curriculum platform for all needed customers and features
- Post updates as identified by stakeholders
- Maintain SEO compliant tagging of content areas within our digital content platforms
- Document configuration, build FAQ and how to articles
Plan and implement testing
- Work with various developers on all testing cycles related to the system solutions, including: creation of overall test plans and detailed test cases, coordinated execution of the test plans, and coordination of user acceptance testing
- Work with developers to manage and handle ‘break-fix’ issue resolution efforts including functional, performance, integrating testing
- Assist in proper validation to ensure that issues have been resolved
May include other
responsibilities as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in information technology or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years’ experience with analysis and problem definition in learning management systems and other business applications and processes
- Experience in evaluating new technology and how it can improve business processes, including business and functional requirements analysis, including use case analysis, workflow and data flow modeling
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies such as HTML/XML; coding experience being a plus
- Ability to define technical requirements (considering business needs, root causes, feasibility in existing platform) and identify technical needs for new development; collaborate to develop business cases
- Ability to understand general technical design specifications and architecture in order to identify potential challenges and risks with supporting the identified business requirements with existing technology
- Able to express complex business and technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing; prepares written business documents that accurately describe technical requirements
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external team members: elicits client and business needs and accurately represents technical feasibility to business leaders and clients
- Ability to work long hours when necessary; up to 10% travel may be required to attend educational events, and to meet with vendors and high-level business leaders
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive
plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment
and we respect work-life balance. The
American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL
60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity
in our workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical
Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION